Build Infrastructure Project
This Project is sponsored by the Build Group.
The primary goals of this project is a complete rewrite of the OpenJDK makefiles so that we:
- improve build performance significantly
- normalize the makefiles and share common build logic
- provide correct build target dependency information so that 'make -j N' will work in all cases
- significantly reduce the use of nested makes
- allow for correct and reliable incremental builds
- accurately document the build dependencies and allow for easy and simple installs to local disks of those dependencies
- allow for easier cross compile builds and 32bit builds on 64bit systems
As of January 2013, this new build-infra building process has been integrated into the jdk8 repositories. See the official README-builds.html file for more information.
The repositories for this work can be obtained with:
- hg clone http://hg.openjdk.java.net/build-infra/jdk8 build-infra
- cd build-infra
- sh ./get_source.sh