Graphics Rasterizer Project
Due to encumbrances in the 2D source code (see the 2D Graphics page for more), some of the implementation of the Java 2D API requires open source replacements.
This project encompasses the JDK code that
- generates alpha tiles of coverage values given an input geometry
- widens paths as per the implementation of BasicStroke.createStrokedShape()
As documented on the group page referenced above, this work has been implemented using the Pisces renderer, but still needs work in several areas :
- Performance is not as good as the library it replaces.
- Fixed point is used with little or no overflow protection
- Support for the STROKE_CONTROL hint
- Mailing Lists