JDK 8 Updates: Phase2 Push Approval Request Template
Use this template for requesting pushes to any 8u stabilization forests that may be in use. Note that "critical fix approval" also needs to be requested for any fixes targeted to stablization forest. Phase2 Push requests for JDK 7 Update stabilization forests MUST be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list and SHOULD follow this template:
Subject: [8u$N] Request for phase 2 approval for CR $NR - $Synopsis
With the body containing:
- either a link to the publicly visible bug on the bugs.sun.com site (or its equivalent), or a description of the change in case that there is no publicly visible bug to link to
- either a link to the publicly visible webrev or a link to the JDK 9 changeset, in case it's the same patch as the corresponding changeset committed for JDK 9.
- if the review is taking place somewhere else, a link to the public review thread
- if the fix has already been reviewed for inclusion into a jdk8u stabilization forest, the list of reviewers. At least two reviewers are required for phase 2.
- Rationale for why the fix should be approved, including the benefit and risks involved, what testing has been done, and what the results were.