More New I/O APIs for the Java Platform
This Project's mission is to produce the implementation of the (New) New I/O APIs being defined by JSR 203 as well as related work in the JDK.
The main "umbrella" RFEs for this work are:
- 4313887 New I/O: Improved filesystem interface
- 4640544 New I/O: Complete socket-channel functionality
- 4607272 New I/O: Support asynchronous I/O
This Project is sponsored by the OpenJDK Core Libraries Group.
The bulk of the API and implementation was integrated into jdk7 b50 for M2, with a refresh of the file system API in M4, and a refresh of the asynchronous I/O API in M5. Work on outstanding API and implementation issues will continue here.
- Other Resources
- Mailing lists
- nio-dev : For development and implementation issues. Bug reports, bug fixes and other contributions are very welcome.
: For discussion, feedback, and questions. This mailing list
supersedes the jsr203-interest
Please don't use these mailing lists when seeking support or help for NIO issues that are not related to the new APIs.
- Alan Bateman (spec lead and implementation)